Sunday, June 15, 2008

Counting Down to Vacation & Need Your Advice!







Everyone's getting exciting in our house as we leave for vacation in just over 2 weeks. This will be a really great summer for the kids as we're spending 7 weeks with Grandma. I'm from the Channel Islands which are located between the northern coast of France and the southern coast of England. We're about 10 miles from France so intend to spend much time there.

The children are busy deciding what to take with them! They'd take their whole closet if they could! Trying to limit what they pack is going to be a challenge as they are managing to justify each toy and game.

Not loooking forward to the journey though. We have an 11 hour flight to London Heathrow. Then we'll treck across London to Gatwick, followed by a 45 minute flight to Jersey. As my husband is staying at home (summer is his busy season) I have to make this long journey alone with 2 young children (6 & 3).

I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. Passports are renewed and luggage is out of the shed. Already called the airline and reserved 3 bulkhead seats and ordered 2 kids meals and 1 vegan meal. Gameboys are all set with new batteries and new games for the flight! Somehow though, I'm sure I've forgotten something? I'd love some advice and tips as to how I can make this long journey a little easier. Please post your advice and I'll compile all the tips and share them so we can help all families can travel a little easier this summer. Thanks for your help. Can't wait to read your suggestions.