Saturday, November 15, 2008

Motrin Mocks Babywearing Moms - Updated 11/19

Motrin removed the video from their website with 24 hours of receiving the feedback. Thanks Motrin for listening.

I usually try to stay away from sharing my opinion of certain companies and the way they do business. But - I feel so strongly about Motrin's new ad campaign and want to make sure that my loyal customers and subscribers are aware of it.

I'm not a marketing expert - but do know that mocking your customer base is not the way to go about getting positive brand recognition. Please watch this video for yourself and PLEASE feel free to add your comments below. Incase they are smart enough to take the video down before you manage to watch it - Barb at Perfectly Natural Photography has provided this transcipt...


Wearing your baby seems to be in fashion.

I mean, in theory it’s a great idea.

There’s the front baby carrier, sling, schwing, wrap, pouch.

And who knows what else they’ve come up with. Wear your baby on your side, your front, go hands free.

Supposedly, it’s a real bonding experience.

They say that babies carried close to the bod tend to cry less than others.

But what about me? Do moms that wear their babies cry more than those who don’t?

I sure do!

These things put a ton of strain on your back, your neck, your shoulders. Did I mention your back?!

I mean, I’ll put up with the pain because it’s a good kind of pain; it’s for my kid.

Plus, it totally makes me look like an official mom.

And so if I look tired and crazy, people will understand why.


This video left me speechless - I'm sure their PR person will be busy on Monday!